About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kitchen update!

So our New Hampshire weather went from sunny and early fall-like yesterday to rainy and awfully dreary today. *sigh* I am spending the afternoon with a cup of tea, listening to music, and working on the kitchen of the Glencroft.

Here's what I came up with so far.



As you can see, the paneling is in. :) It's actually stained cardstock (I use Olympic Wood Stain in Early American) and cut into strips (using an X-acto and a ruler on a cutting mat). I glued them in with tacky glue and did one more stain job of the whole thing.

I sprayed shellac on the wallpaper I printed out. (This was fun as I was trying to stand in the doorway on the porch, trying to avoid getting shellac in the house, while also trying to avoid getting wallpaper wet with rain.)

Next, I am going to cut the wallpaper to fit the walls, and then install it. After that, I plan to put the trim in for the windows and doors, and then add the chair rail to cover up the raw edges between the wallpaper and the panels. :) Can't wait to see how this is going to look!

1 comment:

  1. It is all coming together very well. I was a little hesitant about the wallpaper at first but it looks real good with the pannelling. It is still rainly and dismal here too but nice weather to work on minis.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails