About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Glencroft Updates

Hello everyone. I am so sorry I haven't been very vocal on my blog, but so much has been going on lately in other parts of my life that I haven't been able to keep up on working on my hobby too much. However, I have been lurking on other blogs and checking out everyone's wonderful mini creations and, as always, I enjoy them.

As I am writing this, AC/DC's "Back in Black" just came on, which is funny, because I was just about ready to type "I'm back!" :) LOL

In other news, I have successfully completed my dissertation and will be graduating this Saturday! My parents just arrived from PA and will be stopping by the house soon. It will be good to see them again.

Anyway, I have pictures to share with you. I finally put the windows in my Glencroft, and I have been playing a little bit with furniture placement. As for the windows...oh boy, I had a lot of wood shavings and sawdust from trimming down the window frames and sanding. Some still don't fit as well as I'd like, but this is a learning process for me. I may also opt for a laser-cut kit next time. ;)

Okay, picture time!


As you can see, there's still work to be done. I need to do a lot of paint touch-ups and add the front door, which I think I may actually hinge. After that, I have an idea for that large opening next to the stairs in the bedroom, and I still need to shingle the roof and finish the chimney. I still don't know if I should stain or paint the bedroom ceiling...hmmm.

By the way, if you're wondering, I did make the screen in the bathroom. That was my first try. I plan to make more and offer a tutorial here (or via youtube, but still posted here).

Okay, my folks should be here soon! So I should get ready! :) Cheers!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails