About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Goodies to come...

Hello everyone! I'd like to welcome all of the new readers to my blog. :) Thank you for following me...nearly 70 followers?! Wow! I am thinking of putting together a give-a-way package when I get 100 followers, but more on that later.

I've been away from minis for the last month or so, since this summer has been dedicated to career-job hunting. I am working locally for the time being, which is great for the wallet and the bills. ;)

I am inspired, as always, to complete some of the projects that are waiting for me in my craft room, first and foremost - Glencroft. She needs her chimney finished and her roof shingled. I think I made a decision on the chimney and that can be completed while I wait to get shingles (I want to be permanently employed first - lol).

Jason nabbed something awesome for me on eBay and as soon as we get it in the mail, I'll show you. I am very excited!

Here's something the New England locals might be interested in: the New Hampshire Farm Museum. I took my sister and nieces there on July 4th weekend. First of all it was a real treat for my nieces (one is 16, the other is 4), but also for us adults, too. We saw animals, old farm tools, and a very lovely homestead from the late 18th/early 19th century. For those working with a historical miniature scene, it's quite a treasure trove of ideas. In addition, there is a lovely dollhouse in the parlor, fully finished and furnished. :) I was quite happy with that. And in the gift shop are wooden dollhouse hutches and other pieces for very low prices. In fact, they are very similar to some pieces I already have. I did pick a couple pieces up, but for now I do not have pictures of them. I will get them up on the blog asap.

Another thing I have been working on in the meantime, not related to minis, is the website of our bath salt company. Jay and I create salt blends by hand and pack everything here in our home. I apologize for the shameless plug, but if you are interested, do check it out here! :)

I think that's it. I just wanted to update so you know I am still around! :) I enjoy reading my friends' blogs and am constantly inspired by all of the amazing projects I see on them. Keep it up!

Peace,
Linda

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again. :) I'm looking forward to the pictures and what you got on ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O I wish you have pictures of the museum , Linda !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails