About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Coat hook for a dollhouse?

Hi everyone!

I want to share with you something I have been working on and maybe get some ideas. I don't know if this will be something that ends up in the Etsy shop or what, but I was playing around the other day and made this:

It's about 1 1/8" at its longest. I think it would make an adorable little coat hook in a shabby chic cottage! (Or maybe fancy curtain rod hooks?)

I got these little resin pieces from a shop online (I think it was Beady Bom Bom creations, but she closed her store) and they have been sitting in my craft area for a while trying to figure out what they wanted to be.
I had bought some clip-on earring findings at the craft store as I remember reading about their many potential uses in several places throughout the mini craft world. Well, I was playing around with it and got the hook above (on the left). There's a little hook on these which needs to be cut and filed off (I should pick up some metal files) for a smooth edge, but they are relatively easy to work with.

Here are the specific earring backings that I picked up (at Michael's):



I might make more of these and maybe even do a tutorial if someone is interested. They are exceptionally cute!

Oh, I also added some new stuff to the Etsy shop today (including the cinnamon rolls!) so please check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like the resin pieces.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Linda sono venuta a contraccambiare la tua visita al mio blog! Se vuoi c'è ancora presente un giveaway a cui puoi partecipare. Una buona idea come usare il gancio degli orecchini! Un saluto Manu

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails